|This July, Austria’s Red Bull Ring is the Race Centre’s Track of the Month. Formerly known as the Osterreichring as well as the A1-Ring, The Red Bull Ring is a 2.7 mile circuit sitauted in the Styrian Mountains, making it one the most picturesque circuits on the current Formula 1 calendar. The circuit consists of just 9 corners, the fewest on this years calendar, and the is the shortest of the season based on lap time. The long straights around the Red Bull Ring provide plenty of overtaking opportunities for anyone daring enough in the braking zones and the undulations and elevation changes make every corner a challenge.|
TRACK OF THE MONTH
Formula 1 Support Series
With Formula 1 being highly regarded as the pinnacle of professional motorsport, there are many drivers hoping for an opportunity to drive in the series. That’s why this month we are focussing on some of the feeder series’ that accompany Formula 1 around the world. The GP2 series has supported Formula 1 since 2005 and was established to provide a stepping stone for young drivers to make the transition to Formula 1. Â In its 12 years of running, GP2 has propelled 30 drivers to Formula 1, including current World Champion Nico Rosberg, as well as his then-teammate Lewis Hamilton. Another series to have regularly supported Formula 1 is the Porsche Supercup. Since its inception in 1993, the Supercup has always offered close racing, with all competing drivers driving in identical Porsche 911 GT3’s, allowing drivers to shine. Notable drivers from the Supercup include Patrick Huisman and Earl Bamber, with the latter recently moving to Endurance racing and being victorious in this years 24 hour de Le Mans.
THIS MONTHS CARS
We hope you enjoy this fantastic circuit and the cars we have chosen!
Drive any of these cars in an Open Practice session and see your best lap-time and telemetry on the leader-board. Full session info emailed to your address. Printout available on request.
Class A Competition : Dallara GP2- Cash Prize of £50 for the fastest lap
Class B Competition : Porsche 911 GT3 – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest lap
- Check out this hot lap from our “professional” racing driver, also known a Jon the Race Centre manager
Class C Competition : Japanese F3 – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest three laps
Class D Competition : Formula Ford – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest five laps
Every month sees the start of a new fastest lap competition at The Race Centre three laps
* First Monday is a race championship season. Each heat is held on the first Monday of each month at 6pm. The track used is The Track of the Month from the previous month (e.g the track used on the first Monday in December is The Track of the Month from November). Drivers score points for each race, the driver with the most points at the end of the season wins the title!
Classes and how it works
- Drivers with no previous wins default to start as class D drivers
- Coming in the top five in a class D competition will promote you to be a class C driver
- Coming in the top three in a class C competition will promote you to be a class B driver
- Winning a class B competition twice will promote you to be a class A driver
Which Competition Classes can you win?
- If you are a class A driver then you are only eligible to win in the class A competition vehicle
- If you are a class B driver then you are eligible to win in the Class A or B competition vehicles
- If you are a class C driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B or C)
- If you are a class D driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B, C or D)
- Multiple Class wins within a month will result in prizes for the highest win only. Lower “wins” will be passed to the next highest competitors
Terms and Conditions
- For a lap to be legal, your vehicle must have two or more wheels inside or touching the white lines at all times
- Vehicles must be running all standard TRC settings for the month
- Potential prize winning laps must be verified by a TRC staff member
- Free entry to First Monday is for the next event and is non-transferable
– TRC Staff are not eligible to win cash prizes. Any cash wins will defer to the next highest position
– Cash prizes available at the following First Monday event or within a max of 30 days of competition end
Call the venue to book a slot on 01422 301129