TRACK OF THE MONTH
The Race Centre’s Track of the Month this September is the Sepang International circuit in Malaysia. The first of the ‘Tilkedromes’ – a group of modern circuits designed by german architect Hermann Tilke, Sepang is a 3.4 mile circuit and has been on the Formula 1 calendar since 1999. Regarded as one of the more technical circuits on the calendar, Sepang’s mix of tight corners and fast sweeping sections, in addition to it’s long straights make it a challenge for drivers and engineers alike. This years Malaysian Grand Prix will sadly be it’s last in Formula 1 for now, so make sure you get down to The Race Centre this month to enjoy Sepang whilst you still can!
Take a look below at a flying lap of Sepang from Mark Webber
THIS MONTHS CARS
We hope you enjoy this fantastic circuit and the cars we have chosen!
Drive any of these cars in an Open Practice session and see your best lap-time and telemetry on the leader-board. Full session info emailed to your address. Printout available on request.
Class A Competition : 2016 Ferrari F16-H- Cash Prize of £50 for the fastest lap
Class B Competition : Dallara GP2 – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest lap
Class C Competition : Japanaese F3 – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest three laps
Class D Competition : Formula Ford – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest five laps
Every month sees the start of a new fastest lap competition at The Race Centre three laps
* First Monday is a race championship season. Each heat is held on the first Monday of each month at 6pm. The track used is The Track of the Month from the previous month (e.g the track used on the first Monday in December is The Track of the Month from November). Drivers score points for each race, the driver with the most points at the end of the season wins the title!
Classes and how it works
- Drivers with no previous wins default to start as class D drivers
- Coming in the top five in a class D competition will promote you to be a class C driver
- Coming in the top three in a class C competition will promote you to be a class B driver
- Winning a class B competition twice will promote you to be a class A driver
Which Competition Classes can you win?
- If you are a class A driver then you are only eligible to win in the class A competition vehicle
- If you are a class B driver then you are eligible to win in the Class A or B competition vehicles
- If you are a class C driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B or C)
- If you are a class D driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B, C or D)
- Multiple Class wins within a month will result in prizes for the highest win only. Lower “wins” will be passed to the next highest competitors
Terms and Conditions
- For a lap to be legal, your vehicle must have two or more wheels inside or touching the white lines at all times
- Vehicles must be running all standard TRC settings for the month
- Potential prize winning laps must be verified by a TRC staff member
- Free entry to First Monday is for the next event and is non-transferable
– TRC Staff are not eligible to win cash prizes. Any cash wins will defer to the next highest position
– Cash prizes available at the following First Monday event or within a max of 30 days of competition end
Call the venue to book a slot on 01422 301129