TRACK OF THE MONTH
This June, The Race Centre is off to Canada, with our track of the month being the historic Circuit Giles Villeneuve in Montreal. An iconic street track, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is a 2.7 mile circuit and has been a stalwart on the Formula 1 calendar since 1978. This year is a special one for Canadian motorsport, with them celebrating 50 years of Grand Prix Racing in Canada, most of which having taken place at the Circuit Gilles Villeneueve. Famous for its long fast straights, hard braking corners and close proximity to the walls, including the notorious Wall of Champions, the circuit rewards brave and precise driving, with any small mistake usually resulting in a visit to the barriers. It will take a great lap to master the streets of Montreal this month!
This month, we’re also focusing on one of the most successful drivers in the history of Formula 1; Lewis Hamilton. Born in Stevenage in January 1985, Lewis began his racing career with karting, before moving on to Formula Renault, Formula 3 and GP2 before making his Debut in Formula 1 with McLaren in 2007. His maiden win came at the Canadian Grand Prix of his debut season, and it was a sign of things to come. His tenacity behind the wheel and ‘never say die’ attitude have flourished throughout his career, personified by his last-corner overtake at the 2008 title decider in Brazil, where he won the first of his 3 Driver’s World Championships. In addition, his 55 race victories and 64 pole positions have showed his class over the years, and at the age of only 32, he can undeniably become the best driver of all time.
THIS MONTHS CARS
We hope you enjoy this fantastic circuit and the cars we have chosen!
Drive any of these cars in an Open Practice session and see your best lap-time and telemetry on the leader-board. Full session info emailed to your address. Printout available on request.
Class A Competition : 2016 Mercedes W07 – Cash Prize of £50 for the fastest lap
Class B Competition : Dallara GP2 – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest lap
- Check out this hot lap from our “professional” racing driver, also known a Jon the Race Centre manager
Class C Competition : Japanese F3 – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest three laps
Class D Competition : Formula Ford – Free entry to First Monday for the fastest five laps
Every month sees the start of a new fastest lap competition at The Race Centre three laps
* First Monday is a race championship season. Each heat is held on the first Monday of each month at 6pm. The track used is The Track of the Month from the previous month (e.g the track used on the first Monday in December is The Track of the Month from November). Drivers score points for each race, the driver with the most points at the end of the season wins the title!
Classes and how it works
- Drivers with no previous wins default to start as class D drivers
- Coming in the top five in a class D competition will promote you to be a class C driver
- Coming in the top three in a class C competition will promote you to be a class B driver
- Winning a class B competition twice will promote you to be a class A driver
Which Competition Classes can you win?
- If you are a class A driver then you are only eligible to win in the class A competition vehicle
- If you are a class B driver then you are eligible to win in the Class A or B competition vehicles
- If you are a class C driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B or C)
- If you are a class D driver then you are eligible to win in any of the competition vehicles (A, B, C or D)
- Multiple Class wins within a month will result in prizes for the highest win only. Lower “wins” will be passed to the next highest competitors
Terms and Conditions
- For a lap to be legal, your vehicle must have two or more wheels inside or touching the white lines at all times
- Vehicles must be running all standard TRC settings for the month
- Potential prize winning laps must be verified by a TRC staff member
- Free entry to First Monday is for the next event and is non-transferable
– TRC Staff are not eligible to win cash prizes. Any cash wins will defer to the next highest position
– Cash prizes available at the following First Monday event or within a max of 30 days of competition end
Call the venue to book a slot on 01422 301129