Electric Bowl and Covid 19
ELECTRIC BOWL & COVID-19
Here’s what we’re doing to protect customers and staff during the coronavirus pandemic until restrictions can be eased further:
• We’re reducing our capacity by using only every other lane to allow people to keep a safe distance from each other. A maximum of 6 people will be allowed on one lane.
• We’ve installed hand sanitising stations throughout the building, for customers and staff to use.
• We’ve introduced a one-way system to allow the flow of people through the venue.
• We’re asking people to pre-book and pre-pay for their bowling experience whenever possible, in order to limit the amount of contact and cash-handling between customers and staff.
• Customers will be asked to wear suitable footwear so that they can opt not to use our bowling shoes (please note that you may be asked to wear bowling shoes if your own footwear is deemed unsuitable).
• Bowling balls will be sanitized after each booking has ended.
• We’ve installed a new booking app so that customers can stay at their lane and order food and drinks via their smartphone and choose to pay by cash/card on delivery, or pre-pay via the app. A staff member will also offer lane-side or table service so that you don’t have to go to the bar.
• We’re implementing enhanced cleaning procedures, paying special attention to touchpoints like door handles, handrails, tables and chairs, amusement machines and toilet areas. Members of staff will adhere to strict hygiene standards.
• We’re limiting the number of people in the washrooms to 2 at a time.
• The wearing of PPE is not a Government requirement, but any members of staff, or visitors who wish to wear masks, gloves etc are welcome to do so.
• Signage is in place, reminding people to wash their hands and respect distancing guidelines.
HALIFAX SNOOKER CLUB & FAST EDDIES
• Guests will be asked to pre-pay for their table time wherever possible.
• No more than 2 people will be allowed to use one table.
• Balls, table edges, cues and equipment will be sanitized between bookings.
• Food and drinks orders will be taken at, and delivered to, your table (or you can order via our app)
• Contactless payments are preferred, but cash is still welcome.
THE RACE CENTRE
• Please pre-book, and pre-pay, your slot. We’ll arrange the timing of bookings to reduce congestion in the venue.
• A limited number of race pods will be available for use.
They will be cleaned between bookings.
• What can you do to make your visit as safe as possible?
• Please stick to Government guidelines and only come as a group from no more than 2 households.
• Expect to be asked for your contact details to assist with the track and trace system.
• Please pre-book, online or by phone and, as we’re running at reduced capacity, let us know if you wish to cancel for any reason.
• Please enter via the double glass doors at the front of the building and use the sanitizing stations there before moving on to your chosen activity.
• If you, or any of your party, are exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus on the day of your visit, please don’t enter the building. You’re booking can be refunded or moved to a later date.
• Please stay within your group as much as possible and take care when moving around the building to use the toilets or when entering and exiting.
• Please keep smoking to a minimum during your visit in order to avoid congestion around the exits.
• Respect distancing guidelines at all times.
We can’t wait to welcome you back. Have fun, stay safe!
Halloween Bowling Fun!
Come and enjoy some family fun bowling here at Electric Bowl. We have lots going on throughout the week to keep the kids entertained during half-term.
Children who are bowling wearing fancy dress costumes will get a FREE small SPOOKY slush each. Also, glow in the dark bowling will available from 12noon throughout the week. Furthermore, knock over the RED PIN and enter our competition to win some great prizes.
Finally, complete our Ghost Hunt and win a prize, and all juniors will get a glow in dark wrist band.
Halloween’s origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1.
This day marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. Celts believed that on the night before the new year, the boundary between the worlds of the living and the dead became blurred. On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth.
In addition to causing trouble and damaging crops, Celts thought that the presence of the otherworldly spirits made it easier for the Druids, or Celtic priests, to make predictions about the future. For a people entirely dependent on the volatile natural world, these prophecies were an important source of comfort and direction during the long, dark winter.
To commemorate the event, Druids built huge sacred bonfires, where the people gathered to burn crops and animals as sacrifices to the Celtic deities. During the celebration, the Celts wore costumes, typically consisting of animal heads and skins, and attempted to tell each other’s fortunes.
When the celebration was over, they re-lit their hearth fires, which they had extinguished earlier that evening, from the sacred bonfire to help protect them during the coming winter.
Follow this link for more info: https://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-hallowee
Hi5 Pool League
Do you fancy playing competitive English 8-ball pool? If the answer is YES, then get yourself down to Halifax Snooker Club every Tuesday. Players wanting to participate will need to register by 6.45pm. Leagues subs are £2.50 each week. Play pool, make new friends, and try to win part of the annual £40,000 prize pool. The game format will depend on the number of players attending on the night.
Here is how the league works:
Each season comprises of 13 weeks. Points will be awarded each week.
The top 4 players at the end of the season will make up a 4-man team and play at a Regional Final for the chance to win £1000.
Winning the Regional Finals will advance the same 4-man team to a National Final, were you will be playing to win £16,000.
For more info use this link to the Hi5 webpage: https://hi5pool.co.uk/
Congratulations to our first 4-man team, who have qualified this season to attend the Regional Final. The players are David Goslin, Ben Catlin, Gowan Armstrong, and Dave Trafford. Good luck guys, we all hope you can make it to the National Final and become Hi5 champions for Halifax Snooker Club.
We are open from 9am during Feb Half-term See more
3 for 2
3 for 2
Our customers can pay for 2 hours of snooker upfront, and get a third hour absolutely FREE.
This offer is available Mon-Fri from 9am til 4pm, & Sun 9am til 12noon.
Members pay – £11.90
Visitors pay – £14.00
Match table No.1 & No.4 cost a bit more
Members pay – £13.50
Visitors pay – £15.88
Family Entertainment Pass!
Family Entertainment Pass is BACK!! Great value at only £40! Worth £77.
This includes 1 hour of bowling fun, 18 holes Adventure Golf, 20 minutes F1 Racing Simulator and 1 hour of Snooker or Pool.
These can on be bought in either of our venues, and are not available online.
The Family Entertainment Pass is for up to 4 people, one must be a junior aged 16 or under.
Valid from 20th July 2019 to 30th September 2019.
All activities are single use only, and can be used on numerous visits from 20th July 2019 until 30th September 2019.
Bowling must be used before 6pm if using on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.
Booking would be recommended for bowling.
Limited availability. While stocks last.
FUN FOR A 5IVER – Wednesdays from 8pm
WEDNESDAYS’ AT ELECTRIC BOWL
Enjoy a great Wednesday night out with ‘Fun for a 5iver’ at Electric Bowl. Halifax’s best family entertainment venue. Most importantly, you can get 2 games of bowling for only £5 per player, plus other great offers for only £5.
ONLINE BOOKINGS ONLY
First of all this offer applies to advance online bookings only, from 8pm til close. If you fancy more games at this great price, you can add 2 more games at the reception for £5 per player. (providing we have availability and that you have already paid for previous games online).
FUN FOR A 5IVER IS NOT JUST BOWLING
Similarly, make your night even better with our other offers which include 2 selected bottles for £5. Add to this two of our delicious burgers for £5 also.
Fast Eddie’s Pool Hall
Maybe after bowling, head upstairs to Fast Eddie’s Pool Hall and The Race Centre. Fast Eddies is our newest development and it is certainly a great room to play in. Live games from BT Sport are shown on 4 large Tv’s. As well as this there is always a great selection of music playing. Furthermore, pay upfront for 1 hour of pool for only £5.
The Race Centre
If racing is your thing, likewise, why not have a 20 minute session in our racing simulator pods for only £5. We have 10 pods linked together, so you can race against friends. Driving anything from a mini cooper right up an F1 car. Finally, do not worry if you are not the best driver in the world. Our racing team will look after you. Furthermore, they are trained to teach the basics of driving. Most importantly, we have a great selection of tracks from all over the globe.
GREAT DEAL FOR ALL
For all the students, and people looking for a great deal. Wednesday nights at Electric Bowl in Halifax is a must to put on your social calendar. Just remember to book your bowling online. All the others you can just pay for on the night.
Finally, this offer is available every Wednesday from 8pm until we close. With food being served til late.
3 Games for £6
Yes. That’s right! Get 3 games of bowling for only £6 between 10am and 3pm Mon – Friday (not available during school holidays)
Wednesday – Fun For a 5iver
Grab a great deal for you and your friends every Wednesday after 8pm at Fast Eddie’s, with “Fun for a 5iver”. If you pay upfront for an hour of pool it will only cost you £5 per hour. Get even more discounts on the night by adding 2 of our selected bottles of beer for £5, and also 2 burgers for another £5.
Wednesday night is Texas Hold‘em poker night at Halifax Snooker Club. Come along and join our Redtooth Poker League, for a chance to win a dream trip to Las Vegas. Register from 7pm for a 7.30pm start. Blinds are structured so that the event will finish at around midnight. Enjoy the thrill of live poker. Players of all skill levels are welcome to come along and show us their best poker face!